At Rawley Resort, we enjoy the magic of all four seasons. Winter brings a new life to Ontario when fresh blankets of snow provide a gateway to outdoor recreation. The alluring natural landscapes surrounding Port Servern invite you to embrace the cold and reconnect with nature. Experience the tranquility of winter on snowshoeing trails or cruise through frosted forests on your snowmobile. However, you want to experience the season; there are winter activities in Ontario for every type of adventurer.
The Best Winter Activities in Ontario
There is something special about winter in Ontario since you can discover a new and unique experience with every visit. From exhilarating ski slopes to the ice fishing capital of Canada, here are a few of our favorite winter activities in the area:
- Snowmobiling: Our resort is located beside OFSC snowmobile trails, where you can access over 1,000 km of trails. Snowmobilers also receive a 15% discount on room rates with a trail pass.
- Snowshoeing: Snowshoeing is the best way to slow down and appreciate the iconic landscapes of winter. We recommend the trails at Wye Marsh and Tay Shore Trail.
- Skiing & Snowboarding: Mount St. Louis Moonstone is a short drive from the resort, where you can find incredible skiing and snowboarding opportunities. There are 36 runs with 170 skiable acres that both beginners and experts are sure to love.
- Ice Fishing: When Ontario lakes freeze over, anglers abound at Lake Simcoe, one of Canada’s best ice fishing destinations.
Embark on a Unique Winter Tour
One of the best ways to appreciate the winter scenery and reflect the region is on a guided tour. Tours allow you to see and experience the best winter activities while guided by locals who know the area. Mush with Siberian Huskies or challenge yourself with ice climbing on these unique winter tours:
- Cottage Country Tours: If you are interested in snowmobiling but don’t have your own, then embark on a Cottage Country Tour. The guided snowmobile tours are the best way to find trails that offer spectacular views of expansive vistas and abundant wildlife.
- Dog Sledding: Experience this classic winter expedition with Winterdance Dogsled Tours. Learn to drive a team of Siberian Huskies through awe-inspiring backcountry trails.
- Ice Climbing: This unique tour with Liv Outside offers an opportunity for adventurers to climb 100 vertical feet of ice. Your guide will provide thorough instructions and equipment so that you can feel comfortable before trying this thrilling winter activity.
Warm-Up at Rawley Resort
Besides being near some of the best winter activities in Ontario, Rawley Resort is also the best place to unwind and warm up at the end of the day. We have everything you need to recharge with superb dining options, a full-service spa, and beautifully appointed suites. Feel the chill of winter dissipate at our hot tub and sauna at The Spa at Rawley. Or warm up with a signature cocktail from our on-site restaurant or piano bar. We invite you to choose us for a memorable winter escape full of exploration, unique experiences, and rejuvenation.